A Ghost Story

 I am the presence that haunts these halls and floats through walls. 

I hover over your bed at night while you are fast asleep.

I am the one you feel watching you from that dark corner. 

Those were my fingers you felt running through your hair. 

You will know I am here when the lights flicker, and a creak on the stairs. 

When doors suddenly swing open, and objects move seemingly by themselves. 

It’s just me saying hello.

Every old house has its ghosts.

These walls hold secrets murmured in the dark.

Listen closely.

Can you hear them? 

You can find me in wisps of smoke, the rustling leaves, and the howling wind.

You’ll know I am here when the room goes cold.

When you suddenly get the feeling that you are not alone. 

You may catch a glimpse of me from the corner of your eye.

Do you see me there just behind you?

I am the shadow cast in the flickering candlelight. 

Do you see me?

Sssshhhhh...