Wine & Cigarettes

 The cool air envelopes me as I slowly take a drag, inhaling the smoke from my herbal cigarette.  

Exhaling, I gaze through an open window up at the ink-blue sky and take a sip of red wine. Smooth and sweet with notes of chocolate and berries that gently roll over my tongue. They mingle with the burnt taste of ash in my mouth.

Skyscrapers and city lights glow in the background. I close my eyes and listen to the sounds of the city… 

I can hear cars whizzing, people chattering down below, crickets chirping, soft breeze humming, the perfect juxtaposition of metropolis and nature. 

My eyes open slowly, revealing a room of lit candles, dark curtains gently waving… I listen intently to Tom Waits playing on the turntable echoing in the background.  

I lean back into the soft feather pillows. Pull a soft, silky throw around my shoulders, take another drag, and a sip of wine.

Just fucking perfect…


Popular Posts